Located under the mural near the main entrance, the Zenker Wellness Suite (room 303) is the health promotion hub for Student Health Services (SHS) and the Habif Health and Wellness Center.
Enjoy this bright, serene space featuring health promotion resources and programming on key topics for undergraduate and graduate students:
- Mental health (Mental Health Mondays*, Guided Meditation sessions (Mondays 3-4 p.m.), Stress-Less@WashU (Monday and Wednesday slots will be available. Sign up online), Stressbusters free 5-minute backrubs (Mondays 2-4 p.m. and other times TBA) and app, the Let’s Talk program (Mondays 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.), and handouts and apps about sleep, stress, anxiety, depression, procrastination, etc.)
- Nutrition and fitness (Tasty Tuesdays* and Wellness Wednesdays*, tips for post-workout muscle recovery, free snacks during special promotions. recipes, apps, and info about healthy body image/disordered eating/overexercise)
- Alcohol and other drugs (Thirsty Thursdays*, the Buzz program, What’s up with Weed?, Alcohol and Athletic Performance, the Red Cup demo, e-CHUG and e-TOKE, and handouts about risk reduction, prescription drug abuse, etc.)
- Sexual health (Frisky Fridays*, free safer sex supplies, Bedsider giveaways, and info on contraception options and STI risk reduction and screening. Contraception expert on site Fridays 1-4 p.m.)
- Info about primary care and mental health services available at SHS and how to make an appointment for care (shs.wustl.edu), plus basic self-care tips, the difference between a cold and the flu, etc.
*during semesters only, led by Peer Health Educators (PHEs) and Health Promotion staff between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Stop by before or after your workout and hang out if you have time.
Health Promotion Services staff are here to answer your questions, orient you to the iPads with assessments/apps/websites in each category above, and connect you with current and upcoming programs.
The Wellness Suite is open Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. during semesters and from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. during breaks. (It is closed when the Sumers Recreation Center is closed.) Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions for or questions about the Wellness Suite, the Peer Health Education (PHE) program, Stressbusters, or Student Health Services.